Biyernes, Abril 8, 2011

AWESOME 60!!!!!!

Somebody said when you are 60 years old you can only be wealthy if you have three things:
  • First is food on the table for three meals and a house to live in ----- I have food on the table for six meals! and a house to live, an inevitably almost empty nest,  with the kids all grown (no complaints though)
  • Second is good health ---- except for the usual aches and pains that go with degeneration, all is well
  • Third and most important of them all is that you can see that your children are doing well -----can't complain in this department either, my daughter is a VP at 32  and my son, 2 years after college is paving his way towards a great career also in finance. And a loving son- in- law and cute apo to boot.
Ergo, I am wealthy many times over. A billionaire!!!!

So many things to look forward to at 60 and retirement: 
  • sleeping and waking up when I feel like it ( thank you Phillip stein )
  • eating only healthy, natural food most of the time
  • doing bikram yoga, pilates, and Argentine tango on a regular basis
  • bonding with chikitita
  • travelling solo or with company at a comfortable pace and savoring every place like a local
  • freedom to do whatever and where ever the mood takes me
  • be still...relax...hakuna matata .... 
  • "allow yourself to get bored" ( as Richard Carlson said in his book Don't Sweat the Small stuff)
  • reading uninterrupted ( now I am into book 2 of the millennium trilogy and can't put it down)
  • finding and doing what I am passionate about ( always a work in progress,life is dynamic). at the moment it's blogging thus I look forward to the creative writing seminar of Tweetums Gonzales
Life is awesome indeed. Grateful Lord.

    1 komento: