Linggo, Marso 13, 2011

Triggers

Triggers according to the dictionary are events that precipitate other events. It is easy to identify the triggers for physical discomforts ie dust will make me itch and scratch. Before I was allergic to Picnic chocolate bar such that when I gobble it, I will have pantals and itch. But it is not as easy to identify triggers that will make me emotional. I remember, during the 30th wedding anniversary ceremony of Ver's barkada about 7 years ago, I was tasked to read the 2nd reading. It was a very simple 2nd reading, not of much significance unlike Ecclesiastes 3 ( to everthing there is a season)  No sweat, right? Grossly wrong!! OMG, about 3rd sentence into the reading, I was crying uncontrollably, big tears running down my cheeks unabashedly!!! I kept on reading but everybody was all in shock and nobody knew what to do, I kept on reading until the end, since I also didnt know what to do!!! Grabe, my tears kept flowing profusely till the next day!!!!! It was so embarrassing. At least the guests found humor in it, saying I was probably the ex girlfriend of the groom and that I was so heartbroken coz even after 30 years, hindi pa din ako ang pinakasalan, hahaha. In retrospect, I believe the trigger then was the song Ikaw, which was sang in the entrance march. Whenever I hear Soul of Christ, I cry; even if I've seen Bed of Roses more than a dozen of times, I still cry profusely! There was a time, I was in a marketing call with a prospective client, I cried!!! Embarrassing!!! Embarrassing. I wish I am not as clueless in my emotional triggers, so I could avoid embarrassing moments. Now that it is time to bid adieu to clients and friends, I fear getting too emotional but it can't be helped. I guess change is a trigger, the unexplainable triggers I will just have to chalk up to hormones.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento